Sunday, December 11, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year...

I love the magic in the air around Christmas time!

However, many people don't feel the same...it is a shame. I don't have much money, I barely have enough to cover my daughter's presents (Thank goodness I only have one to buy for!!) and I have bills to pay for. But you know what, I don't care. There has been a lot going on from Halloween till now, deaths, pregnancies and other life changing things, but I am still thankful I feel the magic! =)

Staying optimistic has got to be one of the "magical" moments in life! But as this year slowly trickles down, I am blessed with another fresh start...2012. It is a time for reneweled chances and not quite established goals to be on the list again! Yes, I believe this is going to be a life changing moment for me once again. Like they say, you can't relive the past, so make yourself presentable for the future. So that is what I am going to do.

I am sure I am going to make tons of mistakes (one may be the comment mentioned on my work connections website) but it needed to be addressed! I am sure going to take a lesson from each of them as well. I have things I need to improve (less television, more living!) which I am now on a good path with achieving, and more quality time (with the ones I love) that will make memories and counts!

Yes, this is the most wonderful time of the year for me. Am I sad that I can't be with my family in far away Hawaii...yes, but I am grateful I can talk to them whenever I want, and just hearing their voice makes me smile. =) Do I wish I could change these last few months or relive 2011...eh, it's whatever for me. If I knew then what I would know now, would it change me? Probably, and I feel I won't be the same...better or worse, and right now, I like me so it doesn't matter.

I have learned that 2011, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of me, as long as I can look at myself in the mirror and say that I haven't done anyone wrong, and I can sleep without ridden guilt, then hey...it was a pretty darn good day! I have also learned that no matter what you think, or feel, it isn't going to get you where you want to go, but action does take you there!
I can say I want this, I want to do that, but if I just sit down and don't do anything to step in that direction...I will still be sitting there!

And that's all I have for my fellow bloggers! Happy Blogging Everyone and enjoy your loved ones...they are always the link to your past and the shaping of your future! Thank you for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post I loved this. I m watching some one I love sit and wait for something to change,...very sad..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful post - full of affirmation and positivity...May you have a blessed season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I believe you are not alone in how you feel. Not only at Christmas, but in their everyday life. Christmas alone, with all the advertisement and push to buy presents for others, puts undo stress on so many. I'm so thankful that our family tries to stay focused on the quality of family time spent together over the Holidays instead of material things. It certainly removes much stress from my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I am glad you enjoyed the post, and yes I agree Mary, time spent with family is a much better gift than anything material! I am glad that the advertisements doesn't get to your family!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

    ReplyDelete