Thursday, November 17, 2011

The final first draft....


This is what happened when I first took this picture. At first, when I looked at it, I wanted to make it a dark version of what I liked to call the demise of Snow White...lol
However, my daughter came into the room and talked about school and Ryan and I looked at the picture and he came up with the concept of Education...Lost.

Back in the days, students would give their teachers apples to show that their appreciation. But it seems to me, now teachers demand more and the students receive less. Now before you respond with any kind of opposition, hear me out.

Here is the latest statistics: http://broadeducation.org/about/crisis_stats.html

Now my theory on the picture is that the students are fading into the background, learning is being pushed aside because of budget cuts, increased raises and reduced funds. That may sound like an oxymoron to most people, but I believe that the students are fading into the background. I don't blame the teachers, everyone has a blame in this. The superintendent has the authority to increase or decrease education, the teachers are responsible for teaching the curriculum for the students to pass/fail the OAA. The parents are responsible for making sure the child reads/understands their homework and make sure they do it correctly.

We are still basing our school system on a 1700s theory, where children are let out for the summer to help with farming. That doesn't really apply anymore and for most states, they improvised the year round schooling, so that students don't forget about what they learned during the summer months.

I could go on and on about it all, but I wanna hear your thoughts on this as well. Did you see that when you first saw the picture as well? How do you think it will make a bigger impact? What do you like/not like about it? How can the picture be improved?

I would like to say that the picture in the apple (if you look at it straight on, you can see a picture of a sad little girl) was not supposed to be the primary, more the resemblance of the fading in the background...anyways, would love to hear your thoughts/suggestions!
Thank you and like always, happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment