Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My random thoughts!

First and foremost, I would like to say I am happy my computer charger came in today! w00t!
Okay, now time for the real writing:

I would like to say this is my favorite time of season...the time from Halloween to New Years! So much happening, so little time, the magic in the air and the change in the weather. I know that holidays are tough on people, with being away from loved ones to losing loved ones and sometimes they don't feel the magic anymore.

I feel sorry for those people who lost that feeling. For me, it has always been magic...I don't know why, my dad didn't like the holidays, I hardly seen most of my close family, but still I can feel the energy in the air around that time. I guess you can say I am a child at heart, and amazed by the simple things.

I love when my daughter was younger and the amazement in her eyes were there around this time. Her dad's family didn't believe in Christmas, so her first celebrated one was in Ohio. The look of wonderment on her face...priceless!!

As far as I am concern, (it being so close to Thanksgiving and all) I am thankful for the amazing moments in life like that. I like when we both have a pajama day and goof off all day. Or when we are both so focused on our creativity that nothing can distract us (and believe that is rare because of "shiny" moments!!) or when we just hang out and do nothing but talk about clouds or leaves changing. Those moments are what being a parent is all about...the simple stuff!

I am also thankful for having a loving and caring support group with me. I am stubborn like no other and very opinionated, and they support me no matter what...(unless it's illegal of course) and also help me see the other point of view. While I may be just having a creativity block and can't think of nothing, they can come up with another idea and get me going again...it's amazing!

Anyways, I think that I will end it here for now...so thank you for reading and Happy Blogging!!

5 comments:

  1. It's sad when people lose that feeling. This time of year has always been a sad time for me but I never lost the feeling, there's always magic to be found. Maybe it's more about rediscovering your inner child - you sound like me and you let your inner child revel in the magic that is all around us, be it in smiles and laughter or just being thankful and appreciating the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple things in life are more important than we give them credit for. To remain young and innocent at heart is trait which keeps you happy and fulfilled. I am racing towards fifty but am 18 till I die :)Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello.
    Life has its trials & tribulations, but we should embrace all it has to offer. The good far outweighs the bad. I also agree with everything Sulekha said.
    Nice post.
    Thanks for sharing.

    A Sweet, Spanish Flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about something in the air about festivals. Even if you dont celebrate you can sense a change in everything around you during festivals. Life has its ups and downs, but as long as we appreciate the little things, it can never drag us down. Loved your random thoughts.

    http://rimlybezbaruah.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the end it is these simple things that we will cherish.

    ReplyDelete